The PediaNetwork® 2017 Simplified Privacy Statement
How do we protect the confidentiality and security of your information?
What personal information do we collect about you?
We collect personal information about you from the following sources:
- a. Information we receive from you by online surveys, registrations, orders, applications, emails, by telephone, or by other forms;
- b. Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others;
- c. Depending upon the product or services you are requesting, information we receive from consumer reporting agencies, financial institutions, medical providers, or others;
- d. Information gathered including your IP address once you register with the PediaNetwork® and sign on to our services; and
- e. Information about you that we gather through cookies, log files, clear gifs, other online technologies, and/or third parties to create a profile of our users. A profile is stored information that we keep on individual users that details their viewing preferences. Collected information may be tied to the users personal information to provide offers and improve the content of the site for the user. This profile is used to tailor your visit to our Websites, and with your permission to direct pertinent marketing information and promotions to you. Your profile is shared in aggregate form only and is not linked to any personal information. We do not share your individual profile with other third parties without your permission through Opt-in or Opt-out Programs.
What categories of information do we disclose and to whom?
We may disclose the following information to entities that perform marketing and administrative services on our behalf or as required or permitted by law for legal, regulatory or other purposes.
- a. Information we receive from you by online surveys, registrations, orders, applications, emails, by telephone, or by other forms, such as your name and address, birth date, gender, zip code, occupation, industry, and personal interests;
- b. When requested from you on the form or application, personal information about you including drivers license, social security number, family member information, financial accounts, assets and income;
- c. Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others; and
- d. If required for the products or services you select, information we receive from consumer reporting agencies and other sources, such as your creditworthiness, motor vehicle and driver data, medical and employment information, legal and insurance data, and/or financial data. Also see Privacy Information for Users of PediaNetwork® Financial Products and Services.
Occasionally, we need to send your information to companies who work on behalf of the PediaNetwork® to provide a product or service to you. Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personal information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
In certain special situations, we may also share some of your information with non-affiliated third parties. However, before sharing such information relating to you, we will give you a supplemental notice either on line or by email, and an opportunity to either opt in or opt out of this information sharing.
The PediaNetwork® Web sites contain links to other websites on the Internet or World Wide Web. Please be aware that we, the PediaNetwork® and PEDIA, Inc., are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Websites and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by the PediaNetwork® Web sites.
Cookies and Web beacons?
In addition to the personally identifiable information that the PediaNetwork® actively collects when you register, we also may collect anonymous information passively using cookies and Web beacons. These technologies play an important role in making the Internet work, but there is much confusion about what cookies and Web beacons are and how they are used.
A COOKIE is a small file that contains a unique identification code that is transferred from a Web site to the hard drive of your computer to identify your computer and passively track its activities as you progress through a Web site. This unique code identifies your Web browser to our computer system whenever you visit a PediaNetwork® site. A cookie will not allow a Web site to learn any personally identifiable information (such as your name, address, phone number, etc.) that you have not otherwise overtly disclosed.
- Enabling the PediaNetwork® to deliver products and services more efficiently - by maintaining registration and preference information in cookies, the PediaNetwork® can deliver products and services that use such information more quickly and efficiently for more users. This information is normally saved in an encrypted form that only the PediaNetwork® can utlizie.
- Statistics - such as audience size, unique visitors, page views and traffic patterns. This information is collected in aggregate form ONLY and will is not linked to any of your personally identifiable information.
- Preventing unauthorized access to your account. On some PediaNetwork® sites, cookies help us determine that only one user is logged on under the same username and/or password at any given time.
A Web beacon, which utilize clear GIFs or single-pixel GIFs, are small image files that the PediaNetwork® may place on Web pages and within email newsletters that. These Web beacons, along with cookies, enable the PediaNetwork® to accurately count the number of unique users who have visited a specific page on the PediaNetwork®, the number of times a particular page is displayed, or how many people opened a email newsletter. Such information is can only bo collected in aggregate form and is not linked to any personal information.
Cookies and Web beacons enable the PediaNetwork® to offer services and products that consumers deisre and to efficiently determine what information is in greatest demand, while enabling the effective and efficient use of a visitor's time whiel browsing a PediaNetwork® site. While users are free to set their browsers to refuse all cookies, thereby also effectively disabling the Web beacons, there are various services that would be adversely affected.
Questions or Suggestions?
We will provide access to your personal information that we control and can reasonably retrieve. In accordance with our procedures, we ask that you provide the following with any request:
- a. All transaction data for which you want information.
- b. Please sign and have your signature notarized, to ensure the identity of the person requesting information.
- c. Although we do not currently intend to charge a fee to cover the cost in providing you with a copy of this information, we reserve the right to implement a reasonable fee in the future.
You may request that we correct your personal information in our files. Please note that the PediaNetwork® and PEDIA, Inc., do not control information given to us by third parties. So you will need to contact the third party to correct any information it gave us.
When applicable, you may request the name and address of the consumer reporting agency from which we have obtained a report on you, if any. You may request that the consumer reporting agency provide you with a copy of the report it makes.
Please submit any inquiries to us at:
OR WRITE TO
5904 Edinger Ave, Ste. 280
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
Please include, in all your correspondence, your name, your current address, your current email address, your current telephone number, and the name (if known) of any PediaNetwork® representative with whom you have communicated. For changes to information that we control, such as your name and address, please either try the online service link or panel we have dedicated for this purpose, or contact our Customer Service Center: .